Re: su does not work anymore

Am Samstag, 2. Mai 2020, 06:32:02 CEST schrieb Andrei POPESCU:
> On Vi, 01 mai 20, 22:32:58, Rainer Dorsch wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I had an accidential / in a
> >
> > # chown -R install-user /xyz/dfak /
> >
> > command. Changing the ownership / recursively is certainly not a good
> > idea.
>
> Ugh. For such situations one should either have good backups or a
> reasonably fast and automated method of reinstalling the system.
>
> See also http://taobackup.com

Thanks for sharing the nice link, Andrei. Unfortunately, I took the novice
approach on step 1 for the system files. I do not see any issues on the system
anymore tough. To be on the saver side, I also did an "apt-get reinstall" of
the relevant packages. I hope the next "apt-get dist-upgrade" will eliminate
any so far hidden issues.

Thanks
Rainer

--