Re: Trouble installing wine on system with foreign arch

On Vi, 01 mai 20, 14:05:42, Dale Harris wrote:

> It was pretty much a fresh install from DVD.  I did have some issues
> remounting the install DVD from the ILO, but otherwise it pretty normal
> install.

Was the system fully up-to-date before attempting to install wine32?

> It's working now.

That depends on your definition of "working". Mine includes "all
security updates installed" ;)

> > Full output would have been better here. Automatically installed
> > packages that *may* be removed are not a problem, what apt wants to
> > actually remove is.
> >

> I could send logs, I suppose, if you want?  Otherwise I didn't really keep
> track of each problem package.

Might not be necessary. Does 'apt update' followed by 'apt upgrade'
complete cleanly, without any packages "held back"?

While unorthodox[1], the downgrading of packages might have fixed the
version skew. Just make sure your system is not in a situation where
security updates are not applied.

As a general rule, before doing any package operations make sure your
system is fully updated.

[1] package downgrades are generally not supported. You probably got
away with it in this particular case because the difference in versions
was minor.

Kind regards,
Andrei