Re: DOH (was: geolocation services disabled and Gnome maps)

On Mon, 13 Apr 2020 08:47:22 +0300
Reco <recoverym4n@enotuniq.net> wrote:

> 	Hi.
>
> On Sun, Apr 12, 2020 at 07:46:38PM -0400, Lee wrote:

> > I just did a quick search and couldn't find anything for smart TVs
> > using DOH.
>
> Probably because they aren't there yet. A typical smart TV is based on
> the Android, and Google haven't said their word about DOH so far.

I suppose you mean DoH specifically, as opposed to DNS over TLS (DoT),
but just to clarify for the record, they have implemented the latter:

https://blog.cloudflare.com/enable-private-dns-with-1-1-1-1-on-android-9-pie/
https://www.techrepublic.com/article/how-to-enable-dns-over-tls-in-android-pie/

Celejar