Re: DOH (was: geolocation services disabled and Gnome maps)

On Sun, Apr 12, 2020 at 12:10:45PM +0200, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
> That's why I cringe at the idea that browsers want to start doing
> name resolution over HTTPS.

This simple one line of dnsmasq configuration will disable this
problematic feature for good for Firefox (basically it creates a bogus
NXDOMAIN response for this particular site):

local=/use-application-dns.net/

Chromium does not do it *yet*, but I'll implement something akin to the
previous once it'll get there.

So, as long as you control your network - it does not concern you.

Reco