Re: geolocation services disabled and Gnome maps

On 2020-04-12, rhkramer@gmail.com <rhkramer@gmail.com> wrote:

>> > Do you have your own static IP, or do you use an IP from your ISP?
>>
>> Yes.
>
> Did I ask the wrong question?  I don't understand -- you have both?

I have a static ip (I think) attributed by my ISP (the one not precluding
the other).

This site nails me equally well:

 https://whatismyipaddress.com/

Surely there must be a way of stracing the Maps app in Gnome to
determine what it is doing and how, with a view to seeing whether the
OP's privacy settings are being respected or not. It does appear,
though, at any rate, that a 50 m radius geolocational precision is
feasible by IP address alone.