Re: geolocation services disabled and Gnome maps

On Fri, Apr 10, 2020 at 08:24:41AM -0500, Anil Felipe Duggirala wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 9, 2020, at 11:16 AM, John Hasler wrote:
> > It's just looking up your IP.  The method isn't reliable (it usually
> > puts me on the other side of the state) but it works more often than
> > not.
> >
> I don't believe this is the case.

You are, of course, entitled to your beliefs. The source is
over there:

  https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-maps/

I might have had a look, but browsing the repo requires a
javascript-enabled browser, which I refuse to do unless I'm
forced to. And at the moment I can't be bothered cloning the
whole repo to convince you :-)

At this point, your beliefs and those of two-three other
people just differ ;-D

Cheers
-- t