Re: using Webex from Stretch

On 2020-04-06, Kleene, Steven (kleenesj) <kleenesj@UCMAIL.UC.EDU> wrote:
> My employer is now having lots of audio/video conferences, some of which I
> should at least listen to.  Unfortunately, they are doing the conferences
> with Cisco Webex.  Webex uses an app that's not available for Debian Linux.

There's a *browser extension* for Firefox. Have you installed it (there are
security implications)?

 https://help.webex.com/en-us/nt8cif7/Cisco-Webex-Web-App-Meeting-Functionality

  The Cisco Webex web app is available on Chrome, Internet Explorer
  version 10 and later, Firefox, and Safari 7 and later. For the best
  experience (including video support), we recommend using Chrome or
  Firefox.

> I've tried Webex's test site and have concluded that getting the full
> audio/video conference is not an option.  Mostly (so far) I don't need video

I've read (can't find the link now) that the test site doesn't test for audio,
but merely for the ability to enter a meeting.

> anyway.  For audio only, Webex does let me call in to a toll telephone number
> and enter an event code.  That works.

https://help.webex.com/en-us/9eed9t/Get-Started-Joining-a-Meeting-Event-or-Training-Session-with-the-Webex-Web-App

 *Connect to Audio and Start Your Video*
(Have you gone through these recommended steps and failed?)

Your post lacks significant detail.