Re: using Webex from Stretch

On 2020-04-09, Kleene, Steven (kleenesj) <kleenesj@UCMAIL.UC.EDU> wrote:

> This is interesting.  I see that my Firefox is set to "Block websites from
> automatically playing sound".  I hadn't realized that, because if I play a
> YouTube video or movie trailer in Firefox, I get the sound just fine anyway.
> That's confusing, but I'll try changing that permission this afternoon and
> see if it works.

I think voluntarily clicking on a video on Youtube or watching a Netflix
video and enjoying the benefit of the audio track without further ado is
not what is meant by blocking websites from *automatically* playing
sound, where you're dealing with the notion of non-intentionality on the
part of the user (in the case of, let's say, unwanted advertisements
and the like).