Re: Partition unreadable [was: Re: Debian Stretch broken !]

On Thu, Apr 9, 2020 at 8:29 AM Bernard <bdebreil@free.fr> wrote:

I just realized that in that Debian Stretch system,

I HAVE NO /home/<user>/.gconf directory !

[ While I have one my laptop using Ubuntu 14.04, also on my old desktop
running Debian Lenny]

but it didn't rebuild itself so far !

What should I do to get it rebuilt ?

Bernard

It'll rebuild itself when it's needed. The lack of a .gconf directory is probably not causing your problem; rather, your problem is causing the lack of a .gconf directory.

What happened when you tried running tasskel and installing a simpler Windowing setup?

--
Kent