Re: how to keep 2 PCs partially in sync

On 4/7/20 6:48 PM, Charles Curley wrote:
On Tue, 7 Apr 2020 13:14:54 -0700
Peter Ehlert <peter@sdi-baja.com> wrote:

now I clearly recall after visiting and reviewing the nextcloud
documentation, that need for a designated server was the deal killer.
Some sort of server is a good idea. It need not be the latest and
greatest. I use a 13 year old retired desktop for the purpose.

I agree with the concept.

But what is the server is down? Minutes/hours/days?

 with syncthing the individual nodes support the system and do not depend on any one machine to be operating or on line

that together with the apparent need for paid licensing for business
use... not interested.
I don't know where you got that idea. You certainly can get support for
an annual fee if you wish. However the software is licensed under the
Affero General Public License
(https://github.com/nextcloud/nextcloud.com/blob/master/LICENSE). The
Open Source Initiative approves it. You may download Nextcloud, install
it, examine it, and run it at no charge.