Re: how to save video on web page

i've just installed Video DownloadHelper for jessie's firefox
but can't install an external app required by it

no luck
i give up

On Wednesday, April 8, 2020, 5:13:21 AM GMT+8, Long Wind <longwind2@yahoo.com> wrote:

Thank Siard!
but Video DownloadHelper seems blocked in China, i can't install it.

i haven't been able to follow instruction by Ihor Antonov
i can't find .m3u8 file

i'm not aware of debian policy on porn, i'm sorry if it offends
it's not honorable to view porn?
maybe it's a waste of time, i have such video clips in hard disks

Thanks to all who reply!

On Wednesday, April 8, 2020, 1:10:44 AM GMT+8, Siard <shiems146@kpnplanet.nl> wrote:

Anastasios Lisgaras wrote:
> Video Download Helper it's a good tool but it never won me over and
> it was never so effective (on all websites) so as to amaze me.
> So much so that I no longer use it at all. Is it better/"stronger"
> in the new versions?

All I can say is that it /can/ download the video the OP wanted.
It can also download videos from sites that youtube-dl reports as
'unsupported'.  For me it has become a useful tool.