Re: Any way to open Thunar as root beside this?

On Wed, Apr 8, 2020 at 1:50 AM john doe <johndoe65534@mail.com> wrote:
On 4/7/2020 7:42 PM, kaye n wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 8, 2020 at 1:40 AM kaye n <guikaye@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello Friends!
>>
>> I was just wondering if there are  easier ways to open Thunar file manager
>> as root?
>>
>> Right now what I do is this:
>>
>> Open xfce4-terminal,
>> Execute:  sudo thunar
>> Type my password.
>>
>> Not a big deal but if there is an easier way I'd like to know.

What is the issue?:
- Entering pwd when prompted
- Opening XFCE for terminal

--
John Doe

No issue at all. I was just wondering if there was another way.  In another distro, I press Ctrl+Alt+Space and type 'gksu filemanager' and type my password, that's it.  I find it much easier. Plus there's no terminal open in the background.

But like I said, not a big deal. Just asking if there's another way besides opening terminal and typing 'sudo thunar' then password.

That's all.
Thanks