Re: using Webex from Stretch

On Mon, Apr 06, 2020 at 04:52:41PM +0000, Kleene, Steven (kleenesj) wrote:
My employer is now having lots of audio/video conferences, some of which I
should at least listen to.  Unfortunately, they are doing the conferences
with Cisco Webex.  Webex uses an app that's not available for Debian Linux.
To avoid the phone charge, I can use a cellphone that has unlimited free
minutes.  But I'd rather sit at my desktop.

If all else fails, there are Bluetooth devices which act as a headset
to a cellular phone, providing analogue audio output (balanced and
unbalanced) which you can feed to the computer, either directly, or
through a USB interface box; see jkaudio.com.  Of course, the computer
can record the conference, Audacity being a dead-simple approach.

Needs such as this are a strong impetus to keep an W7Pro machine under
the desk or in a closet (then you can enjoy Webex).  Life is short;
get the job done, whatever it takes.

RLH