Re: kmail not reading imap folders

I tried it with Thunderbird, and it works fine, so the problem seems to be with kmail (likely akonadi).    I've used kmail and kontact for years and would like to get them working with this account.  I have some deadlines at work which will keep me too busy to work on it for a while, though.

-Chris

On Wed, Apr 1, 2020 at 1:22 AM Gene Heskett <gheskett@shentel.net> wrote:
On Wednesday 01 April 2020 00:39:56 elvis wrote:

> On 31/3/20 8:16 am, Christopher Judd wrote:
> > Hi, all,
> >
> > I have an email account (through pangia.biz <http://pangia.biz>).
> > When I try to set it up as an IMAP account using kmail, all of the
> > folders show, but the emails only show in a couple of them.  In
> > particular, the emails in the inbox do not show up. After some
> > google searching, I've tried restarting akonadi, and also tried
> > turning on server-side subscriptions, but nothing seems to work.
> > When I access using a web browser, everything works fine.  Any ideas
> > what else I can try to get it working?
>
> Have you tried another email client like Thunderbird to see if the
> problem is in the client? I loved Kmail but I gave up on it a long
> time ago.
>
> > -Chris

Its still good if you get it from a tde install. But let me throw
something out:

if those emails have been read by an imap client, they may be marked as
read, and fetchmail won't see them. But they are there for a browser.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
 - Louis D. Brandeis