Re: Serial Port Issues

On Mon, 6 Apr 2020 08:32:53 -0400
Greg Wooledge <wooledg@eeg.ccf.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 06, 2020 at 08:38:58AM +0100, Joe wrote:
> > I doubt it's that. 9600 is a sort of default these days [...]
>
> ... 25 years ago.

You'd be surprised how much serial stuff there is around. A lot of it
is based around low-power CPUs, PCs moved away from bare serial many
years ago (though Bluetooth is still widely used). The XBee is quite
commonly used for communication, and as I said, it comes set to 9600. So
did the serial-Ethernet converters I used a few years ago. So do the
Sony block camera modules, and other manufacturers of small cameras
have followed. This product:
https://www.lensadaptor.com/mtf-effect-control-unit-3-kit
uses 38400, but the XBees inside didn't come set that way.

--
Joe