Re: Serial Port Issues

On Mon, Apr 06, 2020 at 08:38:58AM +0100, Joe wrote:
> On Mon, 06 Apr 2020 08:53:05 +0200
> deloptes <deloptes@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Chris Rhodin wrote:
> >
> > > I checked the permissions and group memberships but they're already
> > > correct.  I also tried executing at root privilege, no luck.
> >
> > 'R you sure about the baud rate (9600)? It might be something higher
> > ... also did you setup agetty accordingly?

What has agetty to do with not being able to access a port?

> I doubt it's that. 9600 is a sort of default these days, and a serial
> port which could not use it would be of limited use. The XBee radio
> modules, for example, come from the factory running at 9600, though of
> course they will go much higher. But the configuration utility must run
> at 9600 to begin with.

Besides, the wrong baud rate wouldn't preclude a program from *reading*
from a serial interface. It would just get garbage, that's all.

Besides, a wrong baud rate would much less explain that writing is
possible, but reading isn't. Not for classical "serials" (i.e. RS-232).

Cheers
-- t