Re: Debian Stretch broken !

On Sun, Apr 5, 2020 at 4:36 PM Bernard <bdebreil@free.fr> wrote:

Le 05/04/2020 08:24, Andrei POPESCU a écrit :
> On Vi, 03 apr 20, 20:41:06, Bernard wrote:

>> But : "Oh no, something has gone wrong..."

> and then boot "normally" (this time in text mode).
>
> Log in with your normal user and try running 'startx' from the console.
> In case it stops with some error messages we need those.

The on screen results of such trials have been photographied and are
available at the urls below :

http://bdebreil.free.fr/IMG_0925.jpg

http://bdebreil.free.fr/IMG_0926.jpg

You can log in as a normal user! Excellent!

Can you ping something by address? by name?

e.g.
ping 8.8.8.8
ping google.com

(Just trying to see how "normal" your system is.)

Maybe even install links2 and see if you can web-browse from the terminal.
$ sudo aptitude install links2
$ links2 slashdot.org
'q' to quit

Maybe install a simpler X system, like XFCE:

$ sudo tasksel

then try "startx'.

Any success? Any new errors/symptoms/insights?

--
Kent