Re: Debian Stretch broken !

On Sun, Apr 5, 2020 at 9:23 AM Kent West <westk@acu.edu> wrote:

Next I typed 'journalctl -xb' to view system logs : a dozen of pages
which I will shoot later, one thing I have noticed in it all, printed in
red characters :

EXT4-fs (sda2): unable to read superblock

this repeated three times !

This looks a bit worrisome, but it may not actually be; it depends on what device is at sda2 (it might be a second (unformatted, unused) hard drive, or a USB thumb drive, or a CD/DVD drive, or ...).

No it can't be; I wasn't thinking straight. This is a second partition, not a second drive.

This is almost certainly your problem. The next question is if it's a hardware, formatting, or mounting problem. I'd run "cfdisk" and see what that shows me.

--
Kent West                    <")))><