Re: Partition unreadable [was: Re: Debian Stretch broken !]

On Sb, 04 apr 20, 11:00:06, Bernard wrote:
> Thanks a lot for this reply
>
> The output of the proposed tests are shown on the following screen picture :
>
> http://bdebreil.free.fr/IMG_0906.jpg
>
> As for partition sda2 : I don't remember having created this partition when
> installing Stretch on this then newly bought desktop (2 years ago). Isn'it
> funny that it shows the exact same size as that of the swap partition sda5 ?
>
> I doubt that I would have willingly created such a small partition... maybe
> the install program created it...

Felix Miata already answered to this much better than I could have done.

> Whether it did exist or not in my working system, one thing remains :
>
>     on the rescue mode, I cannot find my /home directory
>
> Waiting for your advice and recommendations,

Please post also the contents of /etc/fstab.

It's curious that fdisk shows sdb has no partition at all. Is this
expected or does sdb contain your /home?

Kind regards,
Andrei