Re: Small Open Source Digital Classroom

On 2020-04-02, Celejar <celejar@gmail.com> wrote:

>> I was just reading this little item about zoom from the G-men (actually,
>> Kristen is a Boston G-woman, apparently):
>>
>> https://www.fbi.gov/contact-us/field-offices/boston/news/press-releases/fbi-warns-of-teleconferencing-and-online-classroom-hijacking-during-covid-19-pandemic
>
> To be fair, at least this particular piece is not really about Zoom
> security or privacy failings, but about users failing to take advantage
> of the provided privacy and access controls.

To be exhaustive (and what are we here if not exhaustive), the piece
does address at least one of Zoom's default settings, which they've
recently changed because indeed it wasn't too sane and so might be
considered a security or privacy "failing" of sorts (screen sharing
settings now default to "Host Only" for *Education accounts*).

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360041591671-March-2020-Update-to-sharing-settings-for-Education-accounts

--
"When we encounter computer output that looks like what we produce by thinking,
we are liable to credit the computer with thought... By that rule of inference,