Re: change the mount point of my flash drive

On Wed, Apr 01, 2020 at 10:07:58PM +0300, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> On Mi, 01 apr 20, 18:49:45, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
> > >
> > > Maybe you can convince LibreOffice to use relative paths instead of
> > > absolute paths?
> >
> > This is what I proposed, too. Much less hassle. OTOH you have to
> > plan a bit when moving documents elsewhere (but you would have
> > to with absolute paths, too, just at the other end of the link:
> > with relative paths you'd have to consider the "moved" document
> > *and* those pointing to it; with absolute paths only the latter).
>
> As far as I understood you proposed paths relative to "~" which on *nix
> systems is a shortcut for $HOME. That wouldn't work on e.g. Windows.

OP's context /was/ UNIX. As far as Windows is concerned, I'm in the
lucky position to have liittle clue.

"Stick-relative" has, as you say, advantages. But also downsides,
whenever links relate to "outside". All in all, I think there
is no "total" solution. At least no "lightweight" one.

Cheers
-- t