Re: change the mount point of my flash drive

On Wed, Apr 01, 2020 at 07:35:04PM +0300, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> On Mi, 01 apr 20, 22:31:38, kaye n wrote:
> > Hello Friends!
> >
> > It seems that in Debian, my USB flash drive is automatically mounted at:
> >
> > /media/user/myflashdrive
> >
> > Is it possible to permanently change it to /media/myflashdrive ?
> >
> > The reason is because I have many LibreOffice Calc files in my flash drive
> > that are linked to each other.
> >
> > The 'user' in my laptop is kaye.  The 'user' in my desktop is something
> > else, let's say it's peter.
> >
> > If I link the Calc files using my laptop, the links would use the path
> > /media/kaye/myflashdrive.
>
> Maybe you can convince LibreOffice to use relative paths instead of
> absolute paths?

This is what I proposed, too. Much less hassle. OTOH you have to
plan a bit when moving documents elsewhere (but you would have
to with absolute paths, too, just at the other end of the link:
with relative paths you'd have to consider the "moved" document
*and* those pointing to it; with absolute paths only the latter).

Cheers
-- t