Re: change the mount point of my flash drive

On Wed, Apr 01, 2020 at 10:31:38PM +0800, kaye n wrote:
> Hello Friends!
>
> It seems that in Debian, my USB flash drive is automatically mounted at:
>
> /media/user/myflashdrive
         ^^^^

I guess this "user" is a placeholder for the actual user name,
right?

> Is it possible to permanently change it to /media/myflashdrive ?

Everything is possible. You might end up fighting your desktop
environment (it is that one which ends up taking this decision
for you).

> The reason is because I have many LibreOffice Calc files in my flash drive
> that are linked to each other.

You might end up happier if you use some kind of relative links (e.g.
relative to home). Try whether something like "file:~/path-to-your-doc"
works, where "~" is the conventional moniker for "whatever your home
directory is".

Otherwise, it'll depend on your desktop environment. If GNOME, perhaps
the gnome-mount [1] man page might be a start (take with a grain of
salt: desktop environments are far out of my comfort zone).

Cheers

[1] https://linux.die.net/man/1/gnome-mount
-- t