Re: Small Open Source Digital Classroom

Am 01.04.20 um 01:09 schrieb Celejar:
> I spend some time today trying to find a libre alternative to Zoom,
> preferably one in the Debian repos, but came up empty. The closest I
> found were indeed Jitsi Meet (a part of the much larger Jitsi project),
> and BigBlueButton, libre but designed to be installed on a Ubuntu
> system. I'm actually puzzled by why there doesn't seem to be any easy,
> solid libre alternative to Zoom.

My hosting cooperative Hostsharing runs BigBlueButton on Debian
machines. We recently made a stress test with 47 participants to see
what requirements are needed in reality.

BBB is running pretty stable on the server side. Participants should
have a decent internet connection as bandwith is paramount especially if
many participants stream video and audio.

We wrote a report about our test in German.

https://www.hostsharing.net/blog/2020/03/30/bigbluebutton-im-lasttest/

Use a translation server if you want to read it all but the figures
should be clear enough.

Don't feed the next big corp that spies on us. ;-)

juh

--
Software-Dokumentation mit Sphinx
Zweite überarbeitete Auflage (Sphinx 2.0)