Re: NVIDIA Prime Offload

On Sat 14 Mar 2020 at 01:15:14 (+0330), subhan h wrote:
> hey. i love debian and that's the only reason i'm composing this mail right
> now.
> due to poor performance of "Bumblebee" method which is the wiki's official
> way of handling NVIDIA Optimus on my new laptop, sadly i had to switch to
> another distribution recently.
> could you please make these two, NVIDIA 435.17 proprietary driver and X.Org
> Server 1.21, available on "buster" not the experimental repo?
> please don't tell me i have to wait until the next stable release on 2021

Perhaps buster-backports would help. I know nothing about these packages,
except I notice that buster has nvidia 'stuff' at version 418.74
whereas backports has 440.59, just behind bullseye and sid's 440.64.

https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=xserver-xorg-video-nvidia&searchon=names&suite=all&section=all

Best of luck.

Cheers,
David.