Re: Problem with GPU Radeon Vega 8 Graphics from AMD Ryzen 3 3200G

Dimitris P composed on 2020-03-08 22:54 (UTC+0200):

>  Hello all today I got my new pc that includes AMD Ryzen 3 3200G and has
> Radeon Vega 8 Graphics, there is no other GPU. I have install debian
> through netistall and upgrade it to debian testing. I have installed the
> firmware-amd-graphics and when I am booting I am getting a black login
> prompt and not the gnome. Here are my 2 pastes from dmesg and
> /var/log/X.org.0.log
>  https://paste.debian.net/1134031
>  https://paste.debian.net/1134032
>  Thank you and hope to have a solution

Have you tried starting X with no GPU or display content in /etc/X11/xorg.conf,
and nothing in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/ related to GPU or display?

I tried that same CPU/GPU a month ago with Buster and gave up without trying
Bullseye or Sid. I got openSUSE 15.1 and 15.2 to work by using newer kernel, Xorg,
dri*, firmware and Mesa. No xorg.conf* was required, no busID. It's not mine, so I
have nothing more to provide unless I can remember more.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/