Re: failure to install debian

On Monday 09 March 2020 14:40:29 kaye n wrote:

> Also, does it matter that my efi partition is at the right-most part
> of the hdd (when looking at it in GParted)?
> Thank you!

I think yes, it matters. Historicly fat needs to end not later that about
4Gb from the beginning of the disk. There is now an exfat, but I think
M$ patents are holding up its linux acceptance.  Generally its moot as
most images to install linux, overwrite the disks file systems with an
ext4 that just works. So it basicly is not an argument when the u-sd
says its exfat, and trace of it is gone by the dd-ing of a linux install
image to that 64GB u-sd tpo it.

> On Tue, Mar 10, 2020 at 2:36 AM kaye n <guikaye@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Mon, Mar 9, 2020 at 4:37 PM Curt <curty@free.fr> wrote:
> >> You didn't cut a line up there, did you? Is your efi partition
> >> formatted FAT32?
> >
> > I'm not sure what you mean, but yes my efi partition is formatted
> > FAT32 and is flagged as esp.  That partition is 50MB, and 5.86MB is
> > used. Thank you

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
 - Louis D. Brandeis