Re: normalize audio in mp4s

Quoting David Wright (2020-03-09 19:08:26)
> On Mon 09 Mar 2020 at 12:26:53 (+0100), Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> > So if high-quality normalization is not important (and you don't
> > want to try play with stripping my script), then directly use
> > ffmpeg, or use any other of the many many many ffmpeg-based tools
> > available.
> >
> > ...or use sox (but still use ffmpeg to extract audio part of mp4
> > files).

Please note that the subject of this conversation is mp4 (not mp3).

Please also note that above quote was a continuation of this:

> If you only process uncompressed audio then sox is fine.

> I shall take a look at your script. But, thinking about the
> problem overall, I think there might be several reasons why
> I haven't personally felt the need for video companding:

No need to explain why you don't have same/similar needs as the OP :-)

If you neither have a need for audio-in-movie nor for EBU R-128, then I
doubt you'll be excited about melt or my script (even it it also
supports modes where it bypasses melt and runs ffmpeg directly).

All that said, you are of course quite welcome to look at my script, and
even critisize it if you like (no doubt there are things in there worthy
of pointing fingers at).

 - Jonas