Re: System unusably slow after Debian upgrade.

Hi,

G.W. Haywood wrote:
> Unfortunately my tweaks to the stock kernel configuration resembled
> wading through the jungle with a machete, and a diff between the stock
> Buster kernel .config and my own .config amounts to 7,173 lines.  Most
> of these I am sure are irrelevant to this issue, because they're about
> building modules which will never be used in any case on the systems
> I'm working with.  I would like to narrow it down to which differences
> matter and which do not, but time is pressing and I do need to get the
> system I'm working with back into service for its users.  I am very
> happy to post the custom kernel .config as it stands, if anyone would
> like to see it.

I guess some readers would righteously complain if you send ~ 10000 lines
here.

But if you have some webspace where to expose the fast running configuration
and the diff to the stock configuration, then people could start making
theories and future victims of the problem could continue your effort
by developing a smaller diff.

(I would have expected a bitrot-like source change in the kernel, not
 a configurable issue. Maybe i will participate in riddling ...)

Have a nice day :)

Thomas