Re: Replace SD-card on armhf-Wandboard

On Sat, Mar 07, 2020 at 11:40:09PM +0100, Christoph Pleger wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have here an armhf variant called wandboard (www.wandboard.org), installed
> with Debian 9 [... micro SD breaks...] But
> unfortunately, the wandboard does not want to boot with the new MicroSD. Does
> anybody have an idea what I can do to make the new card bootable?

Unfortunately, boot code is very specific to the hardware. I guess your best
choices would be to either download a working image from Wandboard themselves
and work from there, or read their docs -- or ask some Wandboard expert.

You will have a better chance finding some in their fora than here, I fear.

Oh, and once you're up-and-running: SD cards are finnicky and cheap. Keep
around an image of your precious boot device on some media which ain't an
SD card. Or even better: keep around a toolchain which allows you to build
a new one.

Cheers
-- tomás