introducing myself, I am new to the Debian lists

Hello!
I am Marco, new to the Debian lists, and thought to quickly introduce myself before joining conversations or asking questions. I have several years of experience as a desktop user, always using Debian or once for some year a very close derivative of it called Sparky Linux. After having used the Debian stable branch for years and meanwhile feel well prepared to twiddle with the interference which might come up, I recently switched to the testing branch. My current desktop environment grew from a minimal KDE Plasma install to a typical workstation as used in a life and materials science context for image analysis and light programming tasks. My desktop also includes some typical internet search and browsing, communication and backup tools. Concerning my Linux experience, it's all about being a user who needs its work done off the IT business where most of you seem to be involved in. However, eventually I am ready to also advance my knowledge about the more profound Linux system administration. I was lurking the lists for some time now and suppose to not only find answers to my open questions here but to also be able to contribute a little bit to some threads.
Well, here I am!
My special greetings and thanks go to all the developers and all the active members of this community who made and make Debian.
Best wishes, from Europe,
Marco.