“No application currently records sound.”

Hello!
I feel guilty asking this question, but I want to save time.
Problem: I installed Debian-Xfce by default a long time ago, I use speakers and headphones - everything is fine. But now I need a microphone. “PulseAudio Volume Control”, leading the entire sound, feels that the microphone is connected through the connector, and allows me to change the sensitivity, but when I click the “Record” label, it says: “No application currently records sound.” Out of ignorance, I installed many packages, hoping that the problem goes away by itself, but no! “Currently, no application is recording sound.” Why?
Asus laptop for about 13 years.
Tell me what should I do?
Thanks all.