Re: Is there a way to load/unload a firmware manually?

On 07/03/2020 13:50, deloptes wrote:
> Well, I build my own kernels and they all have the firmware
> directory included. Why not compare all relevant parts instead
> complaining?!I regenerate two initrd images at the same machine and system using
*update-initramfs -u -k all* . So I think the same initramfs config
is used in both cases during the process, right? But one of the
generated image has the lib/firmware dir included and the other has
not. The only one thing I could think of what can cause this problem
is the kernel config (as I mentioned in one of the previous messages).
But I compared the /boot/config* files grep'ing for "firmware" and
they have the same options set. So I have no idea what could cause
the issue. If I knew, or at least had some clues, I wouldn't complain
and ask for help to solve the issue.

What else should I compare?