Re: Simple software for a scanner with ability to crop (CanoScan LIDE 700F)

On Friday, March 06, 2020 02:55:56 PM Brian wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 06, 2020 at 08:46:07PM +0100, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:

> > On Fri, Mar 06, 2020 at 07:35:32PM +0000, Brad Rogers wrote:

> > > You might have been searching for the wrong thing;

> > > libsane-genesys* is provided by package libsane, which is available in

> > > everything from jessie to sid.

> > Yes, it's a lib:

> > tomas@trotzki:~$ apt-file search genesys

> > libsane: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/sane/libsane-genesys.so.1

> > libsane: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/sane/libsane-genesys.so.1.0.27

> > [...]

> Indeed it is. It is a backend to SANE. The Project says that support

> for the CanoScan 700F is "Good". The OP seems to have a good chance of

> getting it scanning.

> Meanwhile, he has probably devoted some time to reading the wiki.

Well, I am digging into the documentation, I might get to the wiki, or I might keep pursuing Windows ...

The list of SANE: Supported Devices

at:

http://www.sane-project.org/sane-mfgs.html#Z-CANON

Says there is good support for the CanoScan 700F but does not list support at all for the CanoScan LiDE 700F (but does have separate listing for several other models differentiated by LiDE, e.g. CanoScan 600 vs. CanoScan LiDE 600 (I'm guessing about 10 different models like this).

I vaguely remember / suspect this is what I ran into last time I tried this. I will do a little more reading, I don't know what the LiDE indicates...