Re: cannot view Trash? now gmail rant

On Thursday, March 05, 2020 11:29:00 PM mick crane wrote:
> gmail seems to respond to getmail request to delete fetched email by
> changing the tag so that it doesn't show in Inbox or Bin but is still in
> Allmail.

Interesting -- I guess I forgot that in this discussion we have to distinguish
between the behavior in a browser viewing the gmail page, vs. behavior in a
"real" email client (e.g., kmail, ...)

I'm pretty sure Mick is talking about the behavior in gmail in a browser, and
I suspect that the reason he still sees the email in "all mail" is because he
is seeing the "sent" version (rather than a received copy) (but I'm not
positive about that).