Re: now gmail rant

> > https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-51467536
> >
> > I think that's the German *BND* Federal Intelligence Service (at least
> > according to the BBC).

> I've heard from some intelligent services - they do not use any electronic
> devices and after those news I know why.
>
> Same for the naive using proton mail or whatever. The best way to protect
> whatever you want to protect is to keep it offline.

My policy on email is simple: I assume that everyone in the world
can read it, if they truly want to take the time and spend the resources
to do so.  If I don't want a secret to get out, I don't send it via
email.  Doesn't matter who the recipient is, what "security" arrangements
are in place, etc.

Now, that's just me, and does not reflect the policies of my workplace,
etc.