Re: Cannot open Trash?

On 06/03/2020 16:28, kaye n wrote:
I forgot to mention that I've made spacefm the default file manager of my
system.
Double-clicking the trash icon in the desktop screen and then choosing a
file manager to open it results in /home/user being shown, not the trash
directory, regardless if I choose thunar or spacefm.

What happens if, as a test, you select Thunar as your preferred file manager, and then double-click on the Trash icon?

I have not tried spacefm. What happens if you try to open Trash directly with spacefm?

spacefm trash:///

It is possible that exo-open is misconfigured (and I think that is what is used to open preferred applications). For me, this opens Trash in Thunar (my preferred file manager):

exo-open --launch FileManager trash:///

Please also see the following output:
*kaye@laptop:~$ sudo dpkg -l "gvfs*"

It looks like you have all the expected gvfs* packages so this is not the problem.

Kind regards,

--
Ben Caradoc-Davies <ben@transient.nz>
Director