Re: HPLIP - upgrade to 3.20.2 and can no longer print. (version corrected)

On Thu, 5 Mar 2020 17:59:34 +0000
Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> wrote:

Hello Brian,

>> >I can think of no other troubleshooting to do, although I suppose you
>> >could backup /usr/lib/cups/backend/hp and replace it with the 3.19.12
>> Just tried that, and still nothing printed.  Reverted the change.
>Further confirmation that the hp backend plays some part in the lack of
>printing.

At least that's something.

>> Is that a permanent loss, or until I log out and back in or reboot?
>> Something else, perhaps?
>Permanent. A URI will have to be supplied to simple-scan and xsane. For

Ouch.  At least there's a workaround.  Thanks.

As I said in my reply to songbird, I'll probably just downgrade to
3.19.12 and keep an eye out for updates.  Adding info to the bug report
as it develops, and I've got something useful to offer, of course.

Strange that, so far, I appear to be the only person that's happened
across this problem.

>> Thank you again for your patience and tuition.  I owe you a beer or
>> three.
>It takes two to tango. :)

Yeah, it never was much fun on my own.   ;-)

--
 Regards  _
Please don't ask me