Re: HPLIP - upgrade to 3.20.2 and can no longer print. (version corrected)

On Thu, 5 Mar 2020 15:28:00 +0000
Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> wrote:

Hello Brian,

>I can think of no other troubleshooting to do, although I suppose you
>could backup /usr/lib/cups/backend/hp and replace it with the 3.19.12
>one.

Just tried that, and still nothing printed.  Reverted the change.

>This URI should give printing. Do
{snipped for brevity}
>(You will lose automatic scanner discovery with this URI).

Is that a permanent loss, or until I log out and back in or reboot?
Something else, perhaps?

I was going to add pointers for this thread to the bug report I created,
but I see you're ahead of me.   :-)

Thank you again for your patience and tuition.  I owe you a beer or
three.

--
 Regards  _
Your life is like a schedule, you run to meet the bills