Re: Offline install from CD - not allowed to install SSH server

On Wed, 04 Mar 2020 16:32:42 +0100 (CET)
Cichas <cichas@post.cz> wrote:

> Hello guys,
>
> sorry if this is documented somewhere but today I decided to ask here
> as it is something fundamental I cannot understand. After 20 years I
> decided to try Debian again (as VM for start). I am installing it
> from debian-10.3.0- amd64-xfce-CD-1.iso. As it is in remote location
> with problematic Internet access I wanted to do offline install.

Not a real answer to your question, but you could build an install
Blu-ray with the jigdo-tool.

https://www.debian.org/CD/jigdo-cd/

The current first one (buster) you can create is 21 GB in size.
There are 4 Blu-rays in total.
You need a writer/reader for those disks of course,
not sure if dd to an USB flash drive works with the Blu-ray iso-file.
I use a special USB flash drive which supports booting from iso-files,
the IODD mini (I did just a test, the debian install Blu-ray iso-file
boots fine)
 http://iodd.kr/wordpress/product/iodd-mini/

Hope this helps