Re: Advice on upgrading to SSD

On Wed, Mar 04, 2020 at 06:39:51PM -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
On Wednesday 04 March 2020 12:48:57 rhkramer@gmail.com wrote:
   * I suspect most of us don't know whether our disks are spinning
24/7 -- some of my computers are up 24/7, but I suspect the disks
"spin down" when unused for some period of time

Would that not be logged as an access error, followed by a reset/restart
in the logs?  At the very minimum it should be logged so that the user
can know the drive is doing that.

no, not unless something is horribly broken