Re: HPLIP - upgrade to 3.20.0 and can no longer print.

Quoting Brad Rogers (2020-03-04 16:04:07)
> On Wed, 04 Mar 2020 15:47:45 +0100
> Jonas Smedegaard <jonas@jones.dk> wrote:
>
> >Thanks for clarifying.  Yes, the two bugs filed today relates only to
>
> I was too wrapped up in details to see the blindingly obvious....
>
> >unstable, and your explicitly omitting details about suppressed
> >recommended packages must mean that you have none of that.
>
> ....I don't routinely install recommended packages.  AFAICS, the
> recommends for hplip relate mostly to scanning, rather than printing
> so probably not relevant.  Of course, I'm no expert.

When you routinely ignore recommendations from those developing your
system, then I find it all too likely that your system is too broken in
too many surprising ways.

Feel free to insist that ignoring recommendations works fine for you
(others before you have insisted on that), just please mention
explicitly that practice of yours when seeking help, so that those
believing in the sanity of following recommendations can avoid getting
frustrated figuring out which not-broken-by-another-definition breakage
might have caused your issue.

> Should I still go ahead and file a report?

I don't know.

Good luck with your system.

 - Jonas