gmsh errors on start

Hi all,

I have had gmsh installed on my system for a long time but have not used it for a while. When I tried to use it yesterday I got the following error:

    gary@ctech:~$ gmsh
    gmsh: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgmsh.so.4.1: undefined symbol: _ZTV20BRepMesh_FastDiscret
    gary@ctech:~$

I did the usual purge and reinstall but to no avail.  Running apt-cache depends gmsh gave me:

    gary@ctech:~$ apt-cache depends gmsh
    gmsh
      Depends: mpi-default-bin
      Depends: libc6
      Depends: libgmsh4.1
      Depends: libopenmpi3
      Recommends: gmsh-doc
    gary@ctech:~$

I reinstalled each of the dependancies but still have the problem. Is this a bug or is it easily fixed.

OS -  Debian Buster, KDE5, AMD-64 4CPU processor.

Gary R.