Music players that save (different) volume settings for each song (was: Re: mplayer with -loop 0 but w/o volume reset?

(I'm not the OP.)  I wonder if there are any music players that can save a
(play)list along with a selected volume for each song on the playlist?  (Or
use a database of songs with volume setting, and then access the database as
the playlist calls for a song?)

(I'm aware of things (not sure that any are implemented in LInux music
players) that try to "normalize" the audio by either reviewing the content of
the entire song or some portion of it and and adjust the volume to be similar
to the volume of other songs on the playlist, but those don't always work as
well as I would like.  Something that allowed you to set a volume for each
song (and maybe even store a list of volume changes for songs that had large
changes in volume) would be nice.)