Re: Advice on upgrading to SSD

Hi Tony,

On Mon, Mar 02, 2020 at 11:28:58AM +0000, Tony van der Hoff wrote:
> My plan would be to install the SSD in the cage, and dd the contents of the
> array onto the SSD. I would then change the BIOS to boot from the SSD,
> making the RAID array redundant.

Just as you have two HDDs in a RAID array for redundancy, you should
not rely on a single SSD.

If you cannot afford two SSDs then I second the suggestion to
replace one of the HDDs with the SSD and set the HDD write-mostly.

Do also check the exact sector counts as it is entirely possible
that a "500GB" SSD is actually slightly smaller than your "500GB" HDDs.

Cheers,
Andy