Re: authentication failing through PolicyKit

john doe wrote on 3/2/20 12:31 PM:
> On 3/2/2020 8:22 PM, D. R. Evans wrote:
>> I am trying to run a command that appears to need super-user privileges. When
>> it tries to run, I get:
>>
>> -------
>>
>> ==== AUTHENTICATING FOR org.freedesktop.policykit.exec ===
>> Authentication is needed to run `/tmp/hda-jack-retask-0TDDG0/script.sh' as the
>> super user
>> Authenticating as: D. R. Evans,,, (n7dr)
>> Password:
>> polkit-agent-helper-1: error response to PolicyKit daemon:
>> GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.PolicyKit1.Error.Failed: No session for cookie
>> ==== AUTHENTICATION FAILED ===
>> Error executing command as another user: Not authorized
>>
>> This incident has been reported.
>>
>> -------
>>
>> I have tried entering my password, and also entering the super-user password
>> (as the wording is rather ambiguous, although most likely it seems to be
>> wanting the password of the regular user). In both cases, I get the
>> AUTHENTICATION FAILED message and am unable to proceed.
>>
>> I have no idea why this is happening, nor how to fix it. Any assistance would
>> be gratefully received.
>>

> Looks like it is 'sudo' related, you need to add your user in the
> sudoers file or in a file in /etc/sudoers.d or to the sudo group.

I am already in the sudo group:

-------

root@zbrew:/etc# groups n7dr
n7dr : n7dr cdrom floppy sudo audio dip video plugdev netdev
root@zbrew:/etc#

-------

and the sudoers file confirms that I should be able to do anything:

-------

# Allow members of group sudo to execute any command
%sudo   ALL=(ALL:ALL) ALL

-------

  Doc

--