Re: Advice on upgrading to SSD

basti wrote:

> Why you do not simply prepare the SSD (partition/align) and after that
> add the SSD as 3rd drive to the raid?
>
> When all is synced you can kick off the HDD's or that them to "Write
> mostly".

+1

However partitioning is still required, but the best way to copy the data is
to use the built in sync mechanism of linux raid.

I am just about to replace 2x1TB WD Green against 2x1TB WD Red using this
procedure, because the Green is very slow compared to the Red.

Age is also a point, but as mentioned by Gene when running 24/7 its almost
forever. I think those Green disks are already 10y/o