Re: [SOLVED, mor or less] System unusably slow after Debian upgrade.

Hi there,

On Mon, 2 Mar 2020, Greg Wooledge wrote:
On Sat, Feb 29, 2020 at 11:50:09AM +0000, G.W. Haywood wrote:

> ...There were in fact three instances of Postgres running (9.4, 9.6
> and 11.7) after the two jumps from Jessie to Stretch to Buster...

I don't think this is related to your performance issues, but after
a release upgrade on a system running the postgresql database server,
you need to migrate the postgresql cluster...

Sure, and if I could have got it to do it in reasonable time I'd have done
it before now... :/  In fact I just dumped the database to SQL and started
afresh on 11.7 - it's not like it was an insurance company. :)  There were
no problems that I could see with the database, and  no, it wasn't related
to the performance issues.  I'd expected that it wouldn't be (Postgres in
general seems to be fairly frugal) but I had to check.

--

73,
Ged.