Re: Buster 10.2 hangs while booting

On 3/1/20 7:44 PM, Felix Miata wrote:
k. jantzen composed on 2020-03-01 19:17 (UTC+0100):

I have installed Buster without any problems.
When booting however it hangs with the following messages (seen in
recovery mode):

[...] r8169 0000:03: 00,0 enp3s0: Link is Up - 1Gps/Full - flowcontrol off
[...] IPv6: ADDRCONF (NETDEV_CHANGE): enp3s0: link becomes ready

Obviously it does not become ready so that the boot process cannot continue.

Where do I have a problem?

Are you sure a login prompt didn't sneak in out of expected order? That has
happened fairly routinely here. I Alt-F2 or Alt-F3 at that point to find a login
prompt.

On a recovery mode boot immediately subsequent to a normal boot attempt I would try
	journalctl -b -1

to search for clues.

Thank very much for the quick reply.

With Alt-F2/F3 I found a login prompt in tty2 and tty3!!

How do I get rid of these logins?

With a 'journalctl -b -1' I got
"Specifying boot id of boot offset has no effect, no persistent journal was found"

K.D.J.