Advice on upgrading to SSD

Hi,
I'm currently running Buster on a 5 year old GigaByte motherboard with a 10-year old Raid-1 array on 2 500GB disks. Although it is running fine, I'm becoming a bit concerned about the longevity of this storage, so I'm planning to upgrade it to a 500GB or maybe 1TB SSD from Crucial.

My plan would be to install the SSD in the cage, and dd the contents of the array onto the SSD. I would then change the BIOS to boot from the SSD, making the RAID array redundant.

Can someone please tell me whether this plan is feasible, and what pitfalls I might encounter?

Thanks, Tony

--
Tony van der Hoff        | mailto:tony@vanderhoff.org
Buckinghamshire, England |